Although Android is still king, iOS is a great platform and you may want to upgrade to an iPhone at some point. We won’t judge! After all, there are some things that iOS does better than Android. You probably want to transfer all your data to your new Android and IOS. This transition is usually seamless, depending on the devices involved. In this case, we are talking about two completely different platforms, so it may require a bit more work. These are the best ways to transfer your contacts from Android to iOS!
Transfer contacts from Android via “Move to iOS”
Did you know that Apple offers Android apps on the Google Play Store? Switch to iOS is one of the few Apple apps in the Google store. Switch to iOS is meant to help Android users… well, switch to iOS. Despite the negative reviews, the app does what it advertises and does it well.
Apple likes to keep experiences simple and easy, and that’s exactly what this data transfer app does. Your mileage and experience may vary, but you can easily migrate contacts, messages, photos, videos, bookmarks, email accounts, and calendars directly to any iOS device when it’s up and running.
How to use Move to iOS to transfer your contacts to Android:
- Download and install the Move to iOS app on your Android device.
- Open the app and follow the instructions.
- When setting up iOS, you must select the option to move data from Android. Your iPhone will give you a code that you enter into the Android Move to iOS app.
- Your iPhone will create a temporary Wi-Fi network. Sign in from your Android device.
- Choose what you want to migrate.
- Select Next.
- Enter the security code and let the process run.
- Your content will be transferred and your iPhone will also download the free apps you had on your Android device, as soon as they are available.
Also, Read: How to Update ROBLOX on Windows
Using Google Sync
This method is the easiest and best if you regularly back up your data and contacts to your Google account. But if you don’t, let us show you how you can easily back up and sync contacts in your Google account to transfer them to a new iPhone.
How to backup and sync contacts with your Google account
1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
2. Locate and tap the “Passwords & Accounts” setting.
3. Choose and touch your preferred “Google account“.
4. Here, tap on the “Account Sync” option.
5. On the next screen, turn on the “Contacts” switch. From now on, all your contacts will be synchronized with your Google account.
How to transfer contacts from Android to iOS using Google Sync:
1. Turn on your iPhone and open the Settings app.
2. Go to Contacts.
3. Select Accounts.
4. Choose your Gmail account (or add it)
5. Make sure contact control is enabled.
6. Your contacts should now be on your phone!
How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone using the VCF file
Don’t want all your Android contacts on your iPhone? Don’t worry; we have another method to transfer only selected contacts from Android to iPhone. All you have to do is create a VCF file of your selected contacts and send it to your iPhone.
1. Open the “Contacts” app on your Android phone.
2. Tap the “three-dot button” on the top right corner of the screen.
3. Choose and press “Select” from the drop-down menu.
4. Now select the “Contacts” you want to share.
5. Next, tap on the “Share” button at the top right corner.
6. Choose the “application” through which you want to share the VCF file. In our case, we chose “Gmail“.
6. Send the email to yourself or another email id that is logged in on your new iOS device.
7. Open Mail on your iPhone.
8. Select the “VCF” file, then press the “Share” button.
9. Select the “Contacts” app on the sharing sheet.
10. Tap “Add all contacts“.
And it’s done. You have successfully transferred your contacts from Android to iPhone.
Using the SIM card
Another way to transfer your contacts from Android to iOS is to use your smartphone’s SIM card. This is useful if you’re having trouble with your Google account, are offline, or don’t want Google involved for any reason.
The only problem is that Google is moving away from this method and there is no longer an official way to do it from within the Contacts app. That being said, some manufacturers still allow it. Not to mention the possibility of downloading third-party applications. Something like a copy of the SIM card can be useful.
1. How to transfer contacts from SIM card to iOS:
2. On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
3. Go to Contacts.
4. Select Import SIM contacts.
5. Choose the account with which to sync contacts.