As we all know, technology is getting more advanced day by day, be it any device or the software that runs on that device. However, if we talk regarding the software part, Microsoft is at the fore of this race and has confirmed its domination. They have recently launched their new Windows version i.e. Windows 11 which has created a lot of hype among Windows PC users.
We have found some solutions that will surely help our readers to solve this problem. So, without taking much time now, let’s jump straight into the article and check out the steps you should take while fixing random restart issues in Windows 11. But this update brought with it many errors that users are facing. Many problems every day. For example, recently, some users complained that their PC restarted randomly after a new update of Windows 11.
4 Best Ways To Fix Random Restart Problems in Windows 11:
If you are here to find the best ways to fix this random restart problem in Windows 11, we are here to help you. However, make sure you follow this guide till the end. So, let’s look at the solutions.
- Turn Off The Automatic Restart Option
- Disable Fast Startup
- Scan For viruses and Malware
- Update BIOS version
1. Turn Off The Automatic Restart Option:
You might have enabled the automatic reboot option on your Windows 11 PC due to which you are facing this problem. So, disabling this option may help you solve the random restart problem. So, here are the guidelines you should take:
- First, fully press and hold the Win+I key. This will open the Windows Settings page.
- Then, tap the Advanced System Settings button to open the Advanced tab on the System Properties page.
- Now, click and locate on the Settings option under the Recovery and startup section.
- After that, make sure to uncheck the box before Restart automatically and hit the OK button.
2. Disable Fast Startup:
If you have accidentally or intentionally enabled the fast feature on your Windows 10 or 11 PC, then that might be the reason behind your system restarting randomly. However, we have many cases where users reported that after disabling fast startup, they were able to get rid of this problem. So, you can also try this and check if it helps you.
- First, hover over the Start menu and search for Control Panel.
- After that, switch to the System and Security option and click on Power Options.
- Then, click on the option Choose what the power button does on the left side of the screen. Select the Power button.
- After that, tap on Change settings that are currently unavailable and uncheck the box in front of Enable fast startup. Change settings that are not currently available Turn on Fast Startup
- Now, finally, hit the Save Changes switch and close that tab.
So, that’s it. Now, random restart issues in Windows 11 may be resolved after doing this. But, if you find that the problem still occurs, it is possible that your PC is affected by malware or viruses. So, don’t worry, check out the next method and you will be able to fix it.
3. Scan For viruses and Malware:
If your PC is attacked by a virus or malware, then only this type of problem occurs. Well, don’t worry! If you don’t know how to do it, follow the steps we mentioned below:
- First of all, search and open the Windows Security application using the Windows search bar.
- Next, under the Security at a Glance section, select the Virus & Threat Protection option. Virus & threat protection
- After that, go to Scan Options > Full Scan. Click on Scan Options > Full Scan
- Now, press the Scan Now button. Scan Now button
- That’s it. Now, wait for it to scan for viruses and malware. However, if you want, you can also use third-party antivirus software if you have one.
4. Update BIOS version:
There’s a good chance your Windows 11 PC is restarting randomly because of an outdated or corrupted BIOS. So we can try to upgrade or downgrade the BIOS version to solve the random restart problem. But you have to remember that a little carelessness during the whole process can be a death blow to your PC. So, we need to process carefully to upgrade or downgrade BIOS. Let’s see how to go about it:
- First of all, you need to know the current BIOS version installed on your Windows 11 PC and then we can check online if we can upgrade the BIOS.
- Start by opening the RUN dialog box and typing ‘msinfo32’ in it. It will check the current version of BIOs installed on your Windows 11 PC.
- Now visit your manufacturer’s website using any browser and type the copied details.
- You will see if a new version of BIOS is available.
So, these are some of the methods you can apply to fix random restart issues in Windows 11. We hope the above methods will be helpful for you. But, if you encounter any problems while executing these techniques, let us know in the comment area.