If you use streaming services like Netflix or Hulu, you’re probably used to occasional hiccups. Unfortunately, the error messages that accompany them are rarely helpful. Hulu error code p-dev320, for example, is seen by many users. The name doesn’t reveal anything about the underlying problem, but it does indicate that your Hulu app is having communication issues with the Hulu service. This article is about how to fix Hulu error code p-dev320.
While error code p-dev320 can be caused by a variety of issues, this error message indicates that the Hulu app on your device is unable to communicate with the Hulu service. This could be a network problem, a software problem on your Android device, or a problem with the Hulu service or servers. Because the causes are varied, you may need to troubleshoot several issues before you can fix the problem. Below we have mentioned the steps to fix Hulu error code p-dev320.
1. Check Your Internet Connection:
As we discussed in the previous section, a faulty internet connection or slow internet service can be the main reason for Hulu error code p dev320 and an internet connection can also be the reason for Hulu error Rununk13. So, the first step is to test your internet connection. If your internet is working but the Hulu error code p dev320 is still preventing the app from working, run a speed test.
- Close any programs or applications currently running in the background.
- Remove all devices linked to the home network.
- Connect the Hulu streaming device to the router using an Ethernet cable.
- For better service, make sure the router or modem is close to the Hulu streaming device.
2. Perform a power cycle:
You can easily refresh your internet connection and get rid of the streaming issues causing the Hulu error code P-DEV320 by running a power cycle. Here’s how to do it:
- Shut down the device you use for Hulu.
- Switch off your modem and router. If this is not possible or you are using a mobile data plan, you can skip this step.
- Unplug your Hulu device, modem, and router from the power source if possible.
- Wait a few minutes and turn them all back on.
- Try logging into Hulu and watching the content.
3. Using VPN or Proxy:
Error code P-DEV320 on Hulu usually indicates that the service detected a VPN or used a proxy to access the content. Hulu uses geo-restriction measures to limit access to its content based on user location.
When a VPN or proxy is detected, Hulu will assume that the user is trying to access the content from an unavailable location and display the P-DEV320 error. Keep in mind that Hulu and other streaming services are constantly updating their systems to detect and block VPNs and proxies, so it’s possible that the problem will persist even if you try all of the solutions above.
4. Update Hulu Application:
Not updating your streaming device’s Hulu application can be a common source of Hulu error code p dev320. So, in this solution, we will teach you how to update the Hulu application on multiple devices like Android devices, Apple devices, and Roku.
Update the Hulu app on Android devices:
Follow the 4 steps mentioned here to update Hulu on Android phones and tablets.
- Open “Google Play Store” on your device.
- Select the three-line icon of “Menu”.
- Now, tap on “My Apps & Games”.
- Select “Hulu” and press “Update”.
- Open the application after updating to check if the Hulu code p dev320 error persists.
Update the Hulu app on Android TV:
Check out these 5 steps to update the Hulu app on Android TV.
- Go to the “Home” screen and select “Apps”.
- Go to “Google Play Store”.
- Select “My Apps”.
- Install any available updates for Hulu.
- Then launch the app and watch shows without the Hulu p dev320 error bothering you.
Update the Hulu app on iPhone and iPad:
Installing updates for Hulu on iPhone and iPad is easy. Follow these 5 steps.
- Open the “App Store” on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap “Updates”.
- Check for updates for the Hulu application.
- Tap “Update” to download available updates.
- Now, play the movie on Hulu. The Hulu p dev320 error code does not appear.
Update the Hulu app on Apple TV:
Try the following 6 steps to update Hulu on your Apple TV.
- Turn on your Apple TV.
- Go to “Apple Store”.
- Move to the “Purchased Section”.
- Check for updates for Hulu.
- Install available updates.
- After the installation is complete, the Hulu error code dev320 will be cleared.
Update Hulu App on Roku:
Are you experiencing Hulu error code p dev320 on Roku? You will be glad to know that updating the Hulu application will help you to fix this error on Roku easily. And the best part is that you don’t need to follow any specific procedure to install updates on Roku. When updates become available for this device, they are installed automatically.
Hulu, being a world-renowned application, needs to maintain its technological excellence in the market. Some defects like PDEV-320 may hamper its image and lead to fewer subscriptions in the future. Hulu error code P-DEV320 turns out to be fixable and members should not worry about it. We hope the methods provided above will surely help you. Even after trying the above solutions, if the problem persists, it is always best to contact Hulu’s customer support for further assistance.