Sometimes you can turn off any feature of the antivirus for a while, but you can never reverse it. Now, you can turn it on manually and it will work perfectly. But in the case of Avast Antivirus, users may encounter the Disable Behavior Shield issue when restarting or turning on the system. And, ask questions like why does your Avast Behavior Shield turn off every time you reboot? This post may be a stopping point for all your searches to fix these errors. In this short article, we will talk about the possible factors behind the unpredictability of the Habit Shield and suggest some solutions to overcome it. Before skipping solutions let us know what is Avast Behavior Shield.
What Is Avast Behavior Shield?
Avast is one of the famous antivirus software. We can also use it on Windows OS, macOS, Android devices, or IOS. It also provides computer security, browser security, antivirus software, firewall, anti-phishing, antispyware, and many other security services. Behavior Shield is actually an additional layer of active protection against Avast Antivirus. It can monitor all the processes on your PC in real-time for suspicious behavior indicating the presence of malicious code. The working principle of Avast Behavior Shield is basically to identify and block suspicious files based on their similarity with other threats.
Also, even if those files are not added to the virus definitions database. Avast Behavior Shield is online by default because it provides protection for your computer and we strongly recommend that you do so. However, some users complain that the Avast Behavior Shield is turned off when they start the software or restart your computer. And they did not even change Avast’s default settings manually. So, all you have to do is fix the problem with Avast Shield being disabled. So, in the following section, we will now show you the solutions.
1. Update to the Latest Version:
The first solution to the problem of Avast Behavior Shield automatically shutting down is to update the software to the latest version as well. Some users have also reported that the Avast Behavior Shield has stopped working after restarting or turning on their systems. Especially customers who are using Avast 2018 now.
And, the developers of Avast also noticed a bug with the Behavior Shield automatically shutting down and they tried to fix this issue in the latest version. So, to fix the Avast Behavior Shield off the issue, you can try updating your Avast to the latest version.
And now, we will show you the detailed operation steps to do this.
- Tap on the Avast icon in the system tray or the Avast shortcut on the desktop to enter its main interface.
- After entering its main interface, you need to click on the menu in the right corner to continue.
Select Settings to continue.
- In the pop-up window, go to Update and select Check for Updates to continue.
- After you update to the latest version, run Avast again to check if the shield is still disabled by itself.
2. Repair Avast:
If both of the above solutions do not work then you should try to repair Avast and see if it fixes this bug. One of the reasons Avast can be disabled is corrupted installation files. This can be fixed by repairing or reinstalling.
To repair Avast, follow these steps:
- Reopen the Run Utility.
- To open the features and programs panel, type appwiz. CPL and press Enter.
- In the list of applications, locate Avast and right-click on it.
- Select the Edit option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to successfully repair Avast.
- After you have repaired Avast, restart the computer.
3. Clean Install Avast Antivirus:
The final solution to keep Avast Behavior Shield off is to uninstall Avast and all its files from your PC and then install the latest version as well. This process is also known as a clean installation.
- First of all, you need to download Avast Uninstall Utility.
- When you have downloaded the file, open the file to run the software.
- In the pop-up Avast Uninstall Utility window, you must click Yes to boot Windows into Safe Mode. Click Yes again to confirm.
- Windows will now boot into Safe Mode and then uninstall utility will open automatically.
- In the Utility window, make sure you have selected the appropriate folder where Avast Antivirus is currently installed.
- Click on Uninstall to remove Avast Antivirus and associated files completely. Tap Yes to confirm the uninstallation.
- When the process is complete, click on Restart in the pop-up window.
- When your PC restarts, click on this link. Next, tap on Free Download to download the latest version of Avast Antivirus.
- Now open the downloaded file to run the installer. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Open Avast and check if the Avast Behavior Shield has stopped working.
We hope this suggestion fixes issues with your Avast Behavior Shield that will be disabled when you turn on the system. And, we hope you do not face it again by using the above methods.