Do you enjoy watching movies? You’ve probably heard of Hulu, an Internet streaming service for shows, movies, and TV series. Hulu’s native site lets you watch your favorite videos with little or no ads. On Hulu, you can watch shows, films, and other content in Ultra HD. Plus, they charge a small fee for it. Hulu is now one of the most popular video streaming services in the United States and Japan, allowing users to watch and stream TV series and popular movies online.
Beyond documentaries and movies, Hulu has focused primarily on streaming, popular live TV series, and original content. Unfortunately, some basic Hulu plans contain ads, but the good news is that you can block these obnoxious ads and watch Hulu content without them. There are different ways to watch Hulu without ads. In this article, we are going to show you how to skip or block Hulu ads.
1. Use the Hulu ad blocker extension:
Today, most of our problems are solved by your Google chrome extensions or ads. They make our life much easier and faster. Different extensions are available in the Chrome Web Store to solve different problems. Fortunately, there are extensions that can help us get rid of ads on Hulu. Below are the steps to install Hulu ads to bypass them.
- Open Google Chrome and visit the chrome web store.
- Then you can type “Hulu Ad skipper” in the search menu.
- Tap on the Hulu Ad Skipper extension and click on the Add to Chrome button.
- After you click the Add to Chrome button you will get a pop-up, click on the Add Extension button to successfully add the extension to your Chrome browser.
- Visit Hulu.com and log in with your credentials. Start watching any show or movie on it. The extension automatically detects if an ad appears on the screen and skips the ads.
- Note that this method only works if you use Hulu on your Google Chrome browser. Also, if you still encounter ads while watching movies on Hulu, you can try another method below to fix it.
2. Use Adblock Plus to block ads:
If the extension above doesn’t help you block ads on Hulu, you can try the Ad-Block Plus extension. It is a reliable extension and helps you skip ads on Hulu. Most of the time ad blockers don’t work properly and you can still see ads while watching something on Hulu. Because Hulu has an advanced backend system. However, there are still some adblockers like Ad-block plus that can help you get rid of ads on Hulu.
The process of installing the Adblock Plus extension to your browser is similar to installing the Hulu Ad Skipper extension. That means Open Chrome browser >>Go to Chrome web store >>Type Adblock plus and tap on it >>Click on Add to Chrome button >> Finally, click on Add extension in the pop-up.
3. Use the two tab method to avoid ads on Hulu:
But note that this method is a little long and confusing, so if you are not doing something serious, you can skip the next solutions, following are the steps to perform the tab method to avoid Hulu ads.
- Open your browser and visit the official Hulu website. Open or show the movie you want to watch.
- Next, right-click the tab and click Duplicate Tab to open another tab with the same movie you opened in the first tab.
- Now, mute the movie in the second tab and fast forward to the first ad.
- Go back to the first tab and start watching the movie. Mute the first tab and switch to the second tab as soon as the first tab reaches the commercial page.
- Unmute the second tab, rewind it to the end of the first commercial, and start watching. You can watch the movie without an advertisement as it is already shown in the advertisement, hence the skipping.
- Repeat the process to skip all ads along with the movie.
4. Use web filtering:
You can also opt-out of Hulu ads using the web filtering option. That is, you can control the URL that displays ads on Hulu from loading. This is a simple method to block ads on Hulu and can be done using the router control panel. Following are the steps to do this:
- Open a browser and visit your router’s default IP address.
- Login to the admin panel by entering your credentials.
- After login look for the web filtering option. Once you find it click on it to open it
- Copy this address in quote “ads-e-darwin.hulustream.com” and paste it into the web filtering option.
- Finally, click Apply to save the changes and restart your router.
5. Refresh the tab:
Hulu’s revenue depends largely on subscriptions and advertising. Most Hulu users purchase the Basic plan, which allows them to watch movies and shows on Hulu with ads. Therefore, Hulu earns most of its revenue by controlling advertising. However, the ads displayed by Hulu are too long and this annoys the users. You may face the same problem if you use a basic Hulu plan.
So, another simple trick you can try to skip Hulu commercials is to refresh the tab. This trick does not remove ads completely. However, the duration of the ads will decrease. So, if you get a 3-4 minute long ad refresh the Hulu tab. After that, it will load ads with a short duration i.e. not more than 30 seconds.
All platforms that host content have a set of restrictions when it comes to advertising. They also have individual rules for each advertisement on the platform. Because of this, ad blockers are very useful for users who do not want to see any ads. To save some time in the ad blocking Hulu process, there are some useful tools that can help you as described above.