Avast is the highest antivirus software and it provides complete security solutions for PC. It is always recommended to use antivirus software as this is the age of digitization and everything is online. Because of this, a security breach is always a potential threat.
This antivirus program includes Avast Secure Browser from its developers, but many users are complaining about Avast Secure Browser as it starts interfering with their daily work. People like to use your Chrome or Microsoft Edge as their default browser but Avast Secure browser runs automatically on startup without user permission which is very annoying. So in this article, we are going to tell you how to stop the Avast browser from opening on startup.
How Can you stop Avast Browser From Opening On Startup?
Now technically there are some methods that can be used to stop the Avast browser from opening on startup. These ways have been proven helpful to many users so you can give them a try. We will go through each method one by one and tell you to use those ways, so let’s start with the first solution, there are 4 solutions in total:
1. Stop Avast Browser Using Avast Browser Settings:
Now the first method to help users to stop the Avast browser from opening at startup is to use browser settings. This method is very easy to do, all you have to do is follow the steps we provide below:
- First of all, you need to launch the Avast browser on your system.
- After you open the browser, you will see a three-dot icon at the top right corner of the screen, you need to click on that icon.
- Here, you need to select the ‘Settings’ option and the settings will open in a new tab.
- There will be a menu on the left side of the screen, from which you need to look for the ‘On Startup’ option and click on it.
- Here you will see some options to enable and disable, you need to disable the option “Start Avast browser automatically when your system starts”. If the browser starts by itself it is most likely already enabled, so you need to disable it by dragging the slider.
- This is one of the most effective and easy methods and all users can do it. It works efficiently on both Windows and macOS.
2. Using Task Manager:
Now, another method is to use the Windows Task Manager, a function that Windows users use to stop any program from running at startup. So, let’s go through this step-by-step method to learn how to stop the Avast browser from opening on startup:
- Open Task Manager On your PC/Laptop, you can open Task Manager using the ‘ctrl+shift+I’ command.
- On opening task manager, you will see some tabs, click on the ‘Startup tab’, this tab will show you the list of all the apps that start when the system reboots.
- Then, you have to select the ‘Avast Secure Browser’ option and you have to right-click on it and select the ‘Disable’ option.
- Once disabled, Avast Browser will only run when launched manually, so this is really a very useful method and you must try it!
3. Using Control Panel To Uninstall Avast Secure Browser:
To uninstall an entire program, you must use this uninstallation method if you want to completely stop the program from operating. However, you cannot run this different apps not only on startup but also in the background. So, if you consider this option, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to open the control panel on your laptop/PC
- After that, go to the ‘Programs’ tab and click on the ‘Uninstall a program’ option.
- Finally, in the Features and Programs window, you should look for Avast Secure Browser and once you find it, right-click on the program and click “Uninstall”.
4. Switch To Another Web Browser:
Still, the same problem? If you have tried all the above methods to stop Avast Browser from opening on startup and the web browser still has the same problem, then it is better to say goodbye to Avast Secure Browser. Uninstall Avast from your laptop and download a safe and reliable web browser.
You can check their reviews and install a web browser that has the features for your needs. You should also ensure that your web browser does not take a single action without your permission. So, uninstall Avast Secure Browser and get another alternative for it.
Avast is definitely one of the best free antivirus software in the world, but it comes with a lot of other bloatware along with the core package. One of them is Avast Browser, which opens automatically on startup, resulting in a longer system boot time. In this article, we have written steps on how to stop the Avast browser from opening easily on startup.